Director, Accounting JobAdrian, Michigan
Why You'll Love This Job
About the Role
The Director of Accounting (Remote - preferred to be located in Michigan) will be a key leader within the finance organization and will be responsible for assisting the VP Finance and senior leadership in addressing key strategic initiatives related to financial performance and financial infrastructure of the Company. This position provides crucial insight into business operations through analyses of practice operations, review of performance benchmarking and assisting in business forecasting. This position will partner closely with key leaders of the business and a broad group of cross-functional business teams to deliver a successful close and consolidation process, and support business decisions. The individual must be a self-starter, fast learner and capable of taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility.
- Own and lead our accounting function as a collaborative partner, including overseeing financial reporting, financial statement preparation, expenses, budgets, taxes, and accounts payable; you will work closely with our management team and our external finance and accounting team.
- Build out and up-level internal company processes, procedures, controls, and accounting systems, always with an eye on the horizon to make sure the company is always prepared for the next milestone in its journey, including potential of IPO, and ensure the company and its financial statements are prepared for external audits, including, eventually, a PCAOB audit.
- Lead accounting team on financial reporting and planning processes, including taking an active role in updating our financial model, which contains both traditional financial metrics and operating metrics and covers both historical and projected periods (you will have the support of our strategic finance lead to learn the mechanics and logic behind the financial model).
- Lead continuous improvements in systems and processes, working with IT consultants/ vendors.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations i.e. monitoring state and local registrations for payroll taxes, local health and unemployment insurance.
- Manage accounting integrations and collaborate for M&A transactions
- Review and analyze contracts and transactions for proper accounting
- Manage treasury functions
- Manage, train, and develop key accounting staff across financial reporting, tax, treasury, AP and payroll.
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Audit
- Big-4 Public Accounting experience
- CPA or CMA required
- PE experience and/or IPO experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with a high-growth company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational goals
- Strong ethics and the ability to handle highly sensitive information with discretion
- Previous experience in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment
- Private equity experience preferred, but not required
We offer a robust benefits package to include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, and EAP
- Menu of voluntary plans, including pet, legal services, and accident insurance
- 401k with employer match
- PTO accrual starting at 15 days per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
About Mindpath Health
Mindpath Health is committed to providing the highest quality and most comprehensive outpatient behavioral health care to help people navigate life’s challenges, whenever and wherever they need it. Our unique, collaborative care approach and integration of the latest treatments and technologies ensure our patients receive the continuum of care required for optimal outcomes. Our services are delivered at more than 75 locations across the nation and include medication management and individual therapy both in office and via telehealth, addiction recovery services at the Addiction Recovery Center (ARC), group therapy sessions and TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) therapy. To help everyone seeking treatment, our 450+ providers participate in most major insurance plans.
Join our community and discover how rewarding work can be!
Mindpath Health is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply Now
Req ID: 2235
Questions About Careers?
Seeking a career opportunity and don't see the right fit?
Sign Up for job alert e-mails!Sign Up